Re: gnumeric 0.8 build fails if gnumeric 0.6 was previously installed

Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> writes:

|     Actually, there's a worse problem here.  If gnumeric is compiled
|   without an X display, the build process unconditionally dies at that
|   point with the error "..GDK Error: cannot open display...".  I think
|   that having compiles depend on the presence of a GUI is not such a
|   good thing.. :-) (although I don't know how to handle this, maybe
|   just strcmp() or strstr() argv for --dump-func-defs before calling
|   gtk_init()? )

If you'll ship _all_ the documentation precompiled with the .tar.gz,
there would be no need to invoke "gnumeric" during the compilation or
installation process.

I'd like to see the HTML files (+ pictures) being distributed again.

--
Karl Eichwalder