RE: Canvas limitations (was Re: Coding question, canvas)

> A grid would definitely benefit from having its own canvas item, since you
> probably would only need to store the origin and spacing in the structure
> (rather than the start and end points for many lines).  If you were to
> implement a grid this way, the only problem I can think of is how to
> generate the bounds for the grid (for use with aa canvas) easily (would
> you have to do anything more complex than just the grid's bounding
> rectangle?).

This is exactly the problem I'm seeing. I tried to make a simple
implementation of the grid item, but the bounds puzzled me a bit. I gave yp
the idea since I had no idea of how to do that part of it... any input on
this would be much appreciated.

> I am not sure of the details of how to do this, as I haven't implemented
> any canvas items myself.
>
> James Henstridge.

Richard