Re: problems with multiple panels being started

On Mon, 8 Feb 1999 17:07:04 -0800 (PST), Sri Ramkrishna <sri@aracnet.com> wrote:

>I've had this problem as well.  So no, you aren't going crazy.  Sometimes,
>it starts up the "second panel" after you start another panel after the
>first panel crashed.  That is, panelA crashes, you run panelB, and then
>you find that your applets are screwed up and then you realize there is an
>panelC in addition to a panelB.

I have just fixed a very likely cause of this. To try it out you will need
to compile & install the latest ORBit from CVS, and then rebuild
gnome-libs.

If you are building from an already built gnome-libs tree, please make
sure to remove the gnome-name-server binary
($top_builddir/libgnorba/gnome-name-server) so that it gets relinked.

I'm hoping this fixes people's problems. It would most definitely explain
them:)

George Jirka is my new hero,
-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg