Re: IDEA: gmc and .xvpics

Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> >   What about  using the .xvpics files  when displaying image-directories
> > in gmc? gimp (guash)  can generate it (it will be  very low quality, but
> > it can  do this). gimp  is also  part of the  gnome, that's why  I think
> > this would not be wrong...
>
> Can you describe what the format for .xvpics is?
>
> Miguel.
> --
> miguel@gnu.org

I think they are 4-bit color XPM files in a .xvpics subdirectory of
whatever directory you are viewing. (Use the XV Image Schnauser to view
a directory of images -- the Window Maker image sub-dirs are good --
then check out the .xvpics sub-directory of whatever you were viewing.)

    Jim Cape
    http://www.jcinteractive.com

    "All animals are equal, some animals
     are more equal than others."