Re: A new compile problem -- complaints about orbit-idl version building gnome-core

> I am running the 2.2.1 kernel with the rest installed using very recent
> RPM files from rawhide.redhat.com.
>
> I am compiling from source received from CVS a couple of hours ago.
>
> The error:
>
> --------------------
> In file included from /usr/local/include/libgnorba/gnome-factory.h:7,
>                  from /usr/local/include/libgnorba/gnorba.h:7,
>                  from gnome-help-browser.c:30:
> /usr/local/include/orb/orbit.h:37: #error "You need to rerun 'orbit-idl' on
> the .idl file whose stubs you are using. These stubs were generated with an
> older version of ORBit, and need to be regenerated."
> make[3]: *** [gnome-help-browser.o] Error 1
>
> ---------------------
>
> orbit-idl --libIDL-version reports:
> libIDL 0.5.8 (CORBA 2.2)
>
> I rebuilt ORBit without errors, so I am figuring that this is the correct
> version.  I don't see another version of orbit-idl on my system.

It seems to be ORBit is ``newer'' than gnome.

ORBIT_IDL_SERIAL is defined in several packages, among which
gnome-libs and control-center (I have not reached gnome-core yet),
where it is defined as 8, while ORBit defines it in orb.h as 9 and
subsequently checks it. Hence the error message. I try to replace 8 by
9, but I am not sure whether it works. Newer versions than 0.99.5 are
not available for gnome-libs afaik, so trying an older OBit might work
(but is not something to be happy about).

| I ain't changed,                          |
| but I know I ain't the same               |
+--- M38C --- http://huizen.dds.nl/~kero ---+