Re: Yet another newbie

my $.02
i dont care so much that gnome team dosn't produce RPMS. my largest amount
of time wasted is dealing with the tar.gz's that have bad specs or no
specs. It is a simple matter do make rpms with correct specs. Who ever
produces the tars needs to check that they have good specs. I would be
happy to donate my free cpu time building rpms for every one. I just dont
have time to build specs for everything.

As to rpms, GNOME is on this planet to make X more useable. RPMS do the
same. Therefore, RPMS, or the ability to make rpms from tarballs, should
be available. If gnome is to be widely used it needs to be easy to
install.