Re: gtkicq suggestions

On Sat, 6 Feb 1999, Damo wrote:

>just a few thoughts about gtkicq, that maybe could be implimented easily.

>- file transfer would be nice but i s'pose you're working on that :)

I don't think file transfer is so important, since (imho) the ICQ file
transfer speed sucks :)

but, hm.. Even then, I think maybe a few things should come before file
xfer.

like, in the real ICQ, when you are not available, occupied, etc.. it acts
a certain way when you send msgs.. like when you are occupied, it asks the
sender to send the msg to your contact list or so, which apparently
doesn't work, or so says one of my contacts :)

hmm hey.. is there like some extra applet to DL or something to run GtkICQ
from the panel? because when I go to run it from 'add applet' button
nothing happens.. When I run it via command line or dock it appears on the
panel, but it doesn't seem to treat it like an applet that is saved when
you logout.

>- maybe consider popping notify.au and message.au in the package?

I think unfortunately this would break some lamo copyright thingies :I

but you can get the ICQ and install under Wine, or I could send them to
you:)

>- is [online] and [offline] nessesary when you have icons showing a user's
>	status?

another possible thing would be a [not on list] part of the list, and a
way so that msgs from people not on your list go there, instead of being
added to your list when they msg you.