mailing list division?

To all:

Although I am new to this list (yesterday!) I've noticed already a sort of
split personality.  There are developers working out nitty gritty details
of how to get gnome working better and there are users (like myself) that
are just interested in getting it to work on their systems (and/or have
some suggestions for features).  I'm wondering if a division of mailing
lists into developers/users might be worthwhile.  Any thoughts?

Jon
Jonathan D. Slavin                   NASA/Ames Research Center
slavin@shevek.arc.nasa.gov           MS 245-3
phone: (650) 604-5727 ! NOTE NEW  !  Moffett Field, CA 94035-1000
  fax: (650) 604-6779 ! AREA CODE !  USA