Help! Compiling gnome-libs

I installed the packages detailed on the Gnome web pages and I finally got
to the point of compiling gnome-libs.  I get a problem here, tho':

.libs/libgnome.so: undefined reference to `dcgettext__'

Any idea how to solve this?  Thanks.

Rob Naccarato           "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages
Sys Admin               because they know they can be impolite without
Sheridan College        having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Oakville, Ont. Canada                      - Robert E. Howard