Re: gnome-pager memory leaks?

On Mon, Feb 01, 1999 at 03:44:12PM +0100, David Sundqvist was heard to say:

> Since the latest relase of WindowMaker (0.50.2) I've been running the
> gnomepager_applet. Has anyone else noticed it seems to have a tendency to
> grow rather large? 30 MB memory of which 25 MB is resident seems a bit too
> much to be entirely reasonable (wow, currently its resident size is
> bigger than both X and netscape :). It also seems suffer from occasional
> bouts of excessive redraws, but that is a bit more understandable when
> there are many windows.
>
> I do love it tho :).
> /David

  How?  I tried to run it in WindowMaker 0.50.0 and up and I get a message
saying I'm not running a Gnome-compliant windowmanager.  I had just assumed
that the Gnome WM specs were changing too much for WindowMaker to correctly
implement them, but maybe this is a problem with the packaging.  Are there
any Debian users out there who can get the pager to work with potato's
WindowMaker, or should I submit a bug report?

--
  Daniel Burrows

  Nothing is hopeless.

  PROOF:
(a) Assume the opposite.
(b) If something _is_ hopeless, then its condition can only improve.
(c) If its condition can only improve, then there must be hope for it.
(d) Therefore, nothing is hopeless.  QED.