RE: Hard to read leftmost chars in gnome-terminal

> As far as I can tell, I added 3 pixels of border.  And then the
> ChangeLogs show a struggle between Jay and Jonathan to set the
> borders.  I have now lost track of who did what.
>
> But my gnome-terminal definetly has 1 pixel of border.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing... I mean that there should
be 1 or 2 pixels of border of the same color (or bg pixmap) as the zvt area.
If you type "echo H", doesn't the "H" show up without any space between the
left border of the zvt widget, and makes it hard to read?

Richard