Square one

Marshall,

Basically, I'm at square one.  I've been playing with Linux for about a
month, and this is my latest thing that I can't let go until I get it
working.  Initially, I started by trying to get the most recent of
everything (through CVS), but ran into some problems with compiling, so
I chalked that one off temporarily until I get a little more experience.
So I decided to try it with RPMS, the newer ones... that wasn't working
out either (dependency problems).  So, just to boost myself thought I
would try to get going with what came with Red Hat 5.2, and even that's
giving me some fits (though not nearly as many as my other attempts).  I
can post the errors/problems that I'm getting tonight when I can get to
my Linux box, if you still don't mind helping someone a bit on the
uneducated (at the moment) side.

Thanks,
Kevin Dunigan