Re: Still having panel troubles, another race condition maybe?

I've got the same. The CVS versions of the last few days are not starting
properly.
Running gnome-session opens up the rxvts from the last session but I do
not get any GNOME app displayed (but the processes are running because a
ps x does show all the stuff).
Trying to debug is impossible because when running
gdb gnome-session
all is starting up fine. Is it possible that gdb slows down the execition
of the apps so there is no race condition?

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Marcus Brubaker wrote:

> Am I the only one experiencing this?  What is happening is that the panel
> (and the help browser, and gmc) all load properly but they don't display.
> No segfault, no warnings, no errors, nothing.  They just don't appear.
> Other GNOME apps that I start after I'm in my WM (enlightenment, latest
> CVS) work fine, but panel still doesn't show up even after I start it in
> an Eterm.  ps shows that panel is happily running in the background like
> it should be.  It isn't hogging resources and it appears to be operating
> normally.  The only change that I've made since it worked (CVS a day or
> two before the server moved) is added a lot of high res BG pics that E
> scans.  Is this perhaps another race condition between panel/GNOME apps
> and E?

 Cheers, Martin.

      mailto:hawlisch@roxi.rz.fh-mannheim.de
     http://freddy.rz.fh-mannheim.de/~hawlisch