Still having panel troubles, another race condition maybe?

Am I the only one experiencing this?  What is happening is that the panel
(and the help browser, and gmc) all load properly but they don't display.
No segfault, no warnings, no errors, nothing.  They just don't appear.
Other GNOME apps that I start after I'm in my WM (enlightenment, latest
CVS) work fine, but panel still doesn't show up even after I start it in
an Eterm.  ps shows that panel is happily running in the background like
it should be.  It isn't hogging resources and it appears to be operating
normally.  The only change that I've made since it worked (CVS a day or
two before the server moved) is added a lot of high res BG pics that E
scans.  Is this perhaps another race condition between panel/GNOME apps
and E?

Regards,
Marcus Brubaker
spoon@elpaso.net
http://www.elpaso.net/~spoon

You might be a gamer if...you worship idols of Gary Gygax in your basement.