Gnomecard problems

Hello All,
    I don't know whether this is a bug or I'm not doing something
right.  I just pulled the latest gnome sources from a mirror ftp.
Everything compiled and installed fine.  I was testing out the various
applications and am running into a problem with gnomecard.  It doesn't
seem to save the cards at all.  I'll add a name, click save, exit,
reopen, and the name I just added will be gone.  Also if I add a card
and then Save as another file, exit, reopen gnomecard, and try open the
file I just saved I get the error: "Error reading file:"

Can somebody shed some light on this?

gnome-libs 0.99.5
gnome-pim 0.99.5
gtk+1.1.14