Re: [rms gnu org: Why you shouldn't use the Library GPL for your next library]

One of GNOME's distinctives has always been that you can, if you wish,
develop non-source-available software to the GNOME standard, and even
if no one ever does so, I think it is important to preserve that freedom.
I don't write non-source-available software for GNOME, but I'd rather
it be my choice than a requirement.  One of the reasons I joined the
GNOME project was the committment to total freedom, not just RMS's ideas
of what freedom is, and I'd be saddened if we followed RMS's suggestion
here.

michaelkjohnson

 Linux Application Development       http://www.redhat.com/~johnsonm/lad/