Re: @MAINTAINER_MODE_TRUE@ required by Makefile.in???

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, JONATHAN RISTA wrote:

> make: *** No rule to make target '@MAINTAINER_MODE_TRUE', needed by
> 'Makefile.in'. Stop.

I was getting this (along with several other problems) for a while.  I am
not sure what exactly I did that resolved it, but what I did was get a
clean checkout of stuff, and double and tripple check that there were no
instance of any of the old binaries or m4 files anywhere.  Eventually all
of my problems went away :)

perhaps someone who understands better can give you a better idea of what
to do, but I have found that 9 times out of 10 an error is because of
stale files sill present (I am not convinced that rpm -e really gets
everything all the time)

good luck
-chris

Christopher Rogers      Stevens Institute of Technology
gandalf@pobox.com       http://www.pobox.com/~gandalf
Find my PGP PublicKey - http://www.pobox.com/~gandalf/CDR.asc