Re: Gnome Terminal Disappears-- Solved!!

> Thanks for the idea.  Unfortunately, /etc/fstab has no such line in OpenBSD.
> Besides, xterm, rxvt, and eterm don't need such changes.  I tried running
> gnome-terminal suid root, but no change in behavior.  Maybe someone could
> explain why gnome-terminal needs the ownership on the ttys set to a
> particular group when the other terminal emulators do not.

Well, gnome-terminal is designed to never have root access, it users a
surrogate process to do all the sensitive tasks it needs to setup the
session.

The core of the session setup is performed by gnome-pty-helper.  Can
you tell me what the permissions are for your nxterm, eterm and
gnome-pty-helper?

Best wishes,
Miguel.
--