Re: gmc association question

Well to change those sort of things, use the mime types capplet in the
control center.  If you look at "text/x-c", which is the mime type given
to C sources, it uses the program gnome-edit to open the file.

Now you could change the value there, or change the behaviour of
gnome-edit.  Gnome-edit is designed as a small program to run the user's
prefered editor.  It is controlled from the default editor capplet, so go
to that capplet and choose your prefered editor.

If you only want to change the default for C files, it is probably best to
change the default action on text/x-c in the mime types editor (that is,
you may not want to use gIDE as the default editor).

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/