Software Map and contrib FTP

Is there any chance of getting a "search" feature for the software map?
I often know the name of the program that I'm looking for, but I can't
find it because it's not in the categories that I'd expect it.  As for
the FTP site, any chance of getting anonymous upload capabilities for
the contrib directories, or getting me an account to upload the rest of
the RPMs?  Right now they're hosted on a very slow server and link, and
I have a few of the important ones that are missing from the current
selection of RPMs.
	Greg