Re: forwarded message from Richard Stallman

On 23 Dec, James Henstridge wrote:
+-----
| What you and a lot of people refer to as linux is the operating system,
| which is comprised of a large number of components.  This includes the
| linux kernel and a lot of gnu tools you use every day.
+--->8

So does the Solaris box I'm typing this on (/usr/local overrides /usr
almost completely).  Yet I'm told that it is *not* and will never be
"GNU/Solaris".  Which makes this argument false.

Which means that rms is demonstrating how *theft* is possible in the
Free Software community.

--
brandon s. allbery      [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]     allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator         [WAY too many hats]           allbery@ece.cmu.edu