RE: gmc, ftp and proxy servers

Hi,

I think that I may not have made myself clear when I sent out my
original message.  I am not looking for a way to make gtcd retrieve CD
database information from behind a firewall.  I already have that
working.  Byt the way, thanks for the information James Henstridge.
What I am looking for is a way to make gmc work from behind a firewall
when I try to connect to FTP sites.  I want to be able to FTP from
behind the company firewall which uses an ftp and http proxy
combination.

Bidemi Temidire

--
... PPPoE may not be a real, IETF-approved standard, but it has acquired the momentum
of a de facto standard.

And that means it's probably here to stay, whatever it's shortcomings.  The Sympatico
rebels will probably have to get used to the fact that, just like VHS videocassettes
and Microsoft Windows, it's often the second-rater who wins in th end.

	- Matthew Friedman (a Montreal-based journalist)
	Symaptico's High-Speed Edition ADSL users revolt