Re: xmodmap

On Tue, Dec 21, 1999 at 07:25:54PM +0200, Andrey Tourko wrote:
> How to make X Window to setup required map file at start up? If I place this
> file in /etc/X11/xinit/Xmodmap it is not being loaded. I have RH 6.1.

1)  Xkb replaced Xmodmap. Xmodmap is not used by default in RH6.X systems.

2) Do not use Xmodmap, use xkb. (to switch to Russian keyboard, type
   "setxkbmap ru" in any of your terminals or put it in some start-up file.
   (Just in case, Tab key is switching layout)

3) If you still want to use xmodmap, change /etc/X11/XF86Config
   You waould have to uncomment XkbDisable in the "Keyboard" section.

   Sergey