Re: KDM -> GDM Migration?

In another message, I state that these are my last two lines of my
/etc/inittab

# Run kdm in runlevel 5
kdm:5:respawn:/opt/kde/bin/kdm -nodaemon > /var/log/kdm 2>&1

A little more investigating found that my /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc script
contians a simple twm/xterm login, ant that the kdeinitrc in the same dir
is wat calls startkde.

I'mthinking if I change the line in inittab to
gdm:5:respawn:/path/to/gdm -nodaemon >/var/log//gdm 2>&1
Where ever gdm installed itself...  and I still wanna keep that logging
active.

I'm a little more sketchy about what to do with the xinitrc/kdeinitrc
thing.  the kdeinitrc does a lot of kde-specific stuff.

Thanks for the info.  I've not tackeled an inittab file before ^_^.

Kagenin