Re: xdm compliant with gnome?

I was wondering. To upgrade to gdm2 via rpm is it just as simple as rpm -Uvh
and then it's up and running and I don't have to think of another thing, or are
there things I need to configure once it's done.
Also what's new with gdm2. I mean what are the advantages of having it. What
makes it "2"?

Jonathan