Re: multiple displays

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> chopps@merit.edu (Christian E. Hopps) writes:
> > How can I create panels on other displays?  I tried running panel with
> > a --display arg, and while this does work it seems to want to use the
> > same configuration as the primary display uses.  I have 2 monitors and I
> > use them for different purposes so I don't want the same panels on them.
> >

> It won't work, unfortunately, as far as I know. You can only have one
> panel. Should be fixed, but is quite hard to fix.
>
> Havoc

You can have multiple panels on one desktop, it shouldn't be hard to do this
with two screens.
But since it doesn't work for now, you could create another user and run the
other screen as another user, and give each other user permissions to the
other's display and such.  could work.

Btw, how did you setup multihead? the best i can get my system  to do is
console on one screen and X on the other, unless i use XGGI at 640x480.
Xfree86 pre-4.0 didn't compile for me :(
--
Eric Windisch