Re: xdm compliant with gnome?

On Sun, 19 Dec 1999, Yao Wang wrote:

***********************snip*********************

> Hi:
>
> I am having some trouble with putting gnome to work in RH6. If I log in as
> user at the login window and try this on the xterm: (press F1 after
> passwd)
>
> panel &
> [1] 5295
> gmc &
> [2] 5305
> ** WARNING **: Root window clicks will not work as no GNOME-compliant
> window manager could be found!
> exec gnome-wm

i have one line in my .xinitrc file and that is:

exec gnome-sessions

then when in gnome, bring up a terminal window(if the panel does not come
up) and do panel & in that terminal.

then use the gnome menu(foot) and change window manages to the one you
want, then save that session, logout, then startx again and you should be
ok.

hope this helps.........