Re: Gnome Terminal Disappears-- Solved!!

Okay if I'm reading that right and your problem is the same as mine, what you
can do is change your /etc/fstab   devpts  line to a different group id (gid)
. Changing it to user might work but I've no idea of any security concerns
that might arise. Best Luck.

Darryl