Re: Gnome Terminal Disappears-- Solved!!

Darryl Baker <1stfligh@donet.com> wrote:
>  Hey all,   nailed the beast, adding all users to the tty group was
>needed. Thanks for all the assistance!

Considering that this would not be a standard installation on most
Unix systems, is there a fix for gnome-terminal that allows it to
work without the group membership as mentioned above?

When I start gnome-terminal, it begins, and then dies without any
error messages to indicate why.

My system: OpenBSD 2.5 GENERIC#243 i386
           256 MB RAM
           32 ttys
           Gnome Terminal 1.0.54
           gnome-libs 1.0.54
           glib 1.2.6
           gtk  1.2.6

In other areas, I had to hack ORBit a bit to get it to compile - segfault
in libc (sprintf routines).  Would seem like a OpenBSD problem except it
was only in one location that sprintf had a problem.  Ended up replacing
with a brain-dead explicit string copy.  There was one other big one, but
I'll have to remember it before I can send it to the list.
--
James Smith <jsmith@jamesmith.com>