Midnight Commander problem

Hi,

I hope this is the right list for my problem.

I'm using SuSE Linux 6.1 und I tried to compile mc-4.5.42, which I think is the newest version, with egcs 2.95.2.

The compilation stopped in file ./gnome/key.c, which is a link to ./src/key.c with the following message:

key.c: In function `is_idle :
key.c:971: Invalid `asm  statement:
key.c:971: fixed or forbidden register 2 (cx) was splilled for class CREG.

The line contains a macro call FD_ZERO(...) which expands to some strange assembly language stuff, that I don't understand.

What should I do to solve this problem?

Thanks

Gerhard