RE: On Gnome-terminal disappearing

The subshell.c error could be coming from gmc. Gmc generates this error if
you don't start it from a shell (i.e. letting gnome-session start it). The
error is harmless, as far as I can tell. I get that error message along with
the xscreensaver one every time I log into GNOME, and my gnome-terminal is
working fine.

Andrew