On Gnome-terminal disappearing

   Hello all, I checked my xsession-errors file and this is what I found

rm -rf /home/Darryl/.gnome/
SESSION_MANGER=local/localhost.localdomain:/tmp/.ICE-unix/1136,tcp/localhost.localdomain:1038

Gnome-Message: gnome_execute_async_with_env_fds: returning -1
 xscreensaver-command: noscreensaver is running on display :0.0
xscreensaver disabling server builtin screensaver
xscreensaver you can re-enable it with "xset s on".
subshell.c couldn't get terminal settings: Inappropriate ioctl for
device

GnomeUI-Warning **: Could not open help topics file NULL

GnomeUI-Warning **: Could not open help topics file NULL

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkbox.c: line 332 (gtk_box_pack_start): assertion
'child-parent == NULL' failed

Gnome-Message: gnome_execute_async_with_env_fds: returning -1

I'm thinking the "subshell" line has something to do with my problem..
but I cna't make heads or tails out of it really (still new in this
area). Insights?  Thanks

Darryl