Re: Localising date format in GnomeDateEdit widget?

Bjorn Andersson writes:
<snip>
 > I think that the constructor:
 > gnome_date_edit_new(time_t the_time, int show_time, int use_24_format);
 >
 > should be changed to something like:
 > gnome_date_edit_new(time_t the_time, int show_time,
 >                     gchar *date_format, gchar *time_format);
 >
 > where date_format and time_format is any string recognized by
 > strftime and strptime.

This appears to be an excellent solution!

 > I will be happy to implement the above suggestion if it is accepted
 > by others. The old constructor could be supported for a while,
 > writing a error message if it is used.

That would be great.  However, I would assume that if you're modifying
the library's interface, I'd imagine that the new feature won't be
generally available till the 1.1/1.2 series appears.
Can anyone give an indication as to when is this likely to happen?

Robert Merkel		                                    rgmerk@mira.net

Humanity has advanced, when it has advanced, not because it has been sober,
responsible, and cautious, but because it has been playful, rebellious, and
immature.
		-- Tom Robbins