Re: Trash and hidden files

I hate to keep pointing out problems, but...

Let's say this is a multi-user system.  A school prehaps.  The
filesystems all have quotas on them so no student downloads say the
entire gnome cvs tree.  It would be horrible to get messages such as
"Not enough space left to delete file."  It would be just as bad to have
this problem on a single user system where the filesystem fills.
Obviously, these problems can be worked around, but let's keep such
things in mind when we do the coding.  Messages saying "Not enough room
to store file in trash.  Are you sure you want to delete this file
perminently?" would be better.  Other than that, I like the
/.gnome-trash/...  idea a lot.  It can be it's own filesystem and can
easily be backed up (or even nfs mounted to a NetApp or something) this
way.

--
Michael Nugent
mike@illuminatus.org