RE: gnomepad is too slow (thread of Milestones document)

Yep not hardware.

When I use marble-3D theme its a dog.
When I use default theme crisp and speedy.

One interesting thing if I launch gnomepad+ with the Marble theme its
a dog, If I change themes while its still running it picks up the
new theme but type is still slow. If I then kill and start it it runs great.

The pix map theme does slow everything down but the way the gtk-textedit
widget turns into molasses has to be fixed. IMHO the marble theme
is simply unusable due to this bug the overall slowdown.

Is there any way to speed up the pixmap themes? Is there something
inherent in X11 or gtk that makes them slow?

http://www.gnome.org/gnomefaq