Medium term window manager plans?

About 3 months ago (near the time Sawmill appeared) there was an
announcement that the WindowMaker author (Alfredo Kojima) had been
recruited to write a window manager for Gnome, or to more carefully
tailor a version of WindowMaker to Gnome.  Since I've heard nothing of
this effort.

At that time, I think there was a widespread feeling that a Gnome
default window manager should exist.  But I never hear anything about
that either.

--
Paul E. Johnson                       email: pauljohn@ukans.edu