Re: Gnome GPL question

Elliot Lee <sopwith@redhat.com> writes:

| Uh, you are completely wrong there. All the GNOME libraries are LGPL'd.
| The closest library to GNOME that is GPL'd is libgtop, which is not at all
| required for creating any sort of GNOME app, but just is used by some of
| the panel applets and gtop.

I'm referring to the file /usr/doc/gnome-libs-1.0.53/COPYING

it says:

                    GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
                       Version 2, June 1991

I guess the RPM makers included the wrong file then. Good to hear that
Gnome libs are LGPL

--
Preben Randhol -- [randhol@pvv.org] -- [http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/]
         "Det eneste trygge stedet i verden er inne i en fortelling."