Re: forwarded message from Richard Stallman

Damien Miller wrote:
> The counter argument is that Linux (the operating system) is composed
> of code from many sources: BSD, X, GNU and countless other companies,
> projects and individuals.

True, but I think GNU has still a special place in Linux history:
- Linus' first intention was to have a kernel to use the GNU-Tools
  until GNU is finished.
- Linux would not have been possible without gcc

> Calling the combination GNU/Linux credits the GNU project at the
> expense of the majority of other contributors. It even manages to put
> Linux in second place.

Could you live with Linux/GNU? - I guess RMS could.

	Henning