RE: Split-screen (this is not the 1/2 panel thread)

It is definitely an X problem.

I had it once, well actually it was four mirrored images, everything was fixed
by telling the chipset to the XF86Config.

Check the XFree website for your specific video card, if it is "commonly used"
piece of hardware they will have some notes about it.

I don't remember the hardware configuration I had when I saw this problem, but
I can remember that "sax" (SuSE X confiration tool) didn't complained at all,
it just configured the X server that way.

I just added a couple of lines (one indicating the exact chipset) and
everything was fixed.

Hope it helps.