libglade-0.4 questions

Because of problems with a compiled program that needs libglade
I might need libglade-4.0 and libglade-devel-4.0.

I have been using libglade-0.3-1.i386.rpm and
libglade-devel-0.3-1.i386.rpm from the RH RawHide ftp site
but then the above mentioned program segfaults.

I have downloaded ftp.daa.com.au:/pub/james/gnome/libglade-0.4.tar.gz
and I would like to know the following:

1) can I make an rpm from this tarball in the standard way (how about
   the location of the files?) because I do not want to mix my
   completely gnome rpm setup with compiled apps (related to gnome)
2) where can I find liglade-devel-4.0
3) does anybody have rpms of these two available

Alexander

Alexander Volovics
Dept of Methodology & Statistics
Maastricht University, Maastricht, NL