RE: I need some help

On 25-Aug-99 Brian Maxwell wrote:
> I'm to compiling programs under Linux so I need some help on something
> on compiling gnome-core-1.0.9 on my Red Hat 5.2 system.  The problem I
> have is that when I get down to compiling in the "po" directory and I
> get an error message from /bin/sh that the command "no" doesn't exist.
> If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

        I don't recall seeing this particular error, but here's
the way I compiled this. The configure command:

        ./configure --with-gnu-ld --with-gnome=/usr/local
--with-gtk-prefix=/usr/local --with-libgtop=/usr/local
--with-esd-prefix=/usr/local

        then I ran make ...

        su'd to root, and ran "make install".

        Clearly, I installed the gnome-libs, GTK/glib, etc., in
/usr/local beforehand. I ran ldconfig after every library was
installed (as root).

        Hope this is helpful. You might also try doing a "make -n"
to see what commands make is trying to execute. Might show what
makefile macros need to be defined, etc.

Date: 26-Aug-99  Time: 17:05:07

Craig Orsinger                  (email: <orsingerc@epg-gw1.lewis.army.mil>)
Logicon RDA
Bldg. 8B28                      "Just another megalomaniac with ideas above his
6th & F Streets                 station. The Universe is full of them."
Ft. Lewis, WA   98433                   - The Doctor