RE: gnome-pager and debian packages

On 25-Aug-99 Matt Greenfield wrote:
> evening :)
>
> two small queries, nothing exciting..
>
> a) gnome-pager never manages to remember my settings between sessions.
> I've tried rm -rf .gnome and recreating the session from scratch (uhh, tried
> this
> a *little* more than once) but no success.  Is this a known bug?  should I
> just
> shut up and wait?
Same happens to me, and I also don't know what's the reason.

> b) the debian packages seem to be trailing behind release versions just a
> tad.
> Is this normal debian procedure? (I'm fairly new to debian, only been using
> it
> perhaps a few months)  What are other gnome-lovers doing to satiate their
> need for the latest releases?  I've played the CVS game before, but just
> don't
> have the time at the moment.

Well, I'm using potato which probably uses a slighly more updated version than
previous deb.'s, but I'm not sure. I think that what lacks is mantainers for
the gnome packages. Or if they exist, a little more bit of activity would be
nice.

Eduardo

> oh, and as an after thought I might throw in a c) for the fun of it :)
>
> c) are gtk themes by nature slow to redraw etc, or is it just my pentium 200
> showing it's age?  or.. here's a thought.. have I stuffed them up quite
> nicely,
> and everyone else is enjoying snappy redraw free gtk apps?

> uhh.. enough moaning from me, I'll leave it at that..  oh, but I will mention
> that
> I jumped over to KDE in frustration, been there for the last week, due to
> little
> flakey annoyances in gnome.  But you know what?  I just can't live without my
> tailor made gnome desktop, I really do love it :)  once a gnomer, always a
> gnomer :)
>
> toodles
> Matt

POLI:Projecto Português de Documentação do Linux
http://www.poli.org