From: Bruce Tong [mailto:zztong@laxmi.ev.net]
Sent: 25 August 1999 13:46
To: gnome-list@gnome.org
Cc: "recipient.list.not.shown"
Subject: Re: Suggestion

> > I can't believe that we are having this big discussion on this
> > list because a person is lazy. And, as with most lazy people, he wants
> > everyone to change how they do things (adding the [gnome] to the subject
line ourselves or having it added to the list name) rather than doing
something about it on his own ("you mean I have to read what the message is
about?") Can we go back to a discussion on gnome? Please?

> Actually, I'm in the same situation as him and I'd also prefer the
> [prefix]. That way I can tell at a glance if a message is for me
> directly, or not.

I do filter mail, and I could personally care less if there was a [Gnome]
in the subject line or not. If it helps somebody, why not do it?

--

Bruce Tong                 |  Got me an office; I'm there late at night.
Systems Programmer         |  Just send me e-mail, maybe I'll write.

--
        FAQ: Frequently-Asked Questions at http://www.gnome.org/gnomefaq