Re: Quick way to match programs to packages

On Wed, Aug 25, 1999 at 01:22:21AM +0100 or thereabouts, James Green wrote:

> Yup. Mind you, gVersion isn't bas, although it doesn't find one of my
> packages.

I don't see this on freshmeat or the gnome software map. What and
where is it?

> Anyway, I clicked our beloved foot menu, and right-clicked on an entry.
> Low and behold five entries appeared in a menu. Now this could be my cvs
> version folks, so try it yourself, but it looks promising. Anyway, why not

Good gods. Neat.

> put some more stuff in there?
>
> "Show full file path" "Show package containing this program"
> "Show program version" "Show help for this program"
> "Send bug-report for this program"

Oooooh! It's a much better place for it that I had thought of. Yes!
"Show the command line for this" would be a nice addition, too, both
for people who feel the urge to move from point-and-miss (er, click)
to the command line, and for people who just wonder "what the heck is
that program?" (as per "About myself" being userinfo and "System info"
being guname or something).

> How about it, doesn't it sound cool?

It does indeed. Much simpler than my idea. I like this a lot.

Telsa