Re: Gnome desktop crashes and can't recover dekstop icons

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Low Lifeboy wrote:

> Every time Gnome crashes on my system I get the following:
> 1) Desktop icons won't show up
> 2) Pop up menu doesn't show up (when I right-click on the desktop). So I
> can't do a desktop refresh or re-create icons.
> 3) GMC won't run
>
> So far what I do is - delete all my .gnome-* directories from my home
> directory and this seems to reset something and allows me to start with a
> 'fresh' desktop; however, I lose all my desktop settings and I endup having
> to start from scratch.
>
> Any ideas on this issue?

We need information on how to reproduce the crash.

Also, information on why gmc "won't run" would be useful - why won't it
run? Does it give any additional info when run from a terminal window?

-- Elliot
Who me? I just wander from room to room.