Re: Suggestion

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Jean Raymond Chauviere wrote:

> Thank you to every ones who says me to configure procmail but ...:
> Not everybody runs linux
> Not everybody can be root on his machine
> Not everybody has the mail server on his machine
> Not everybody can configure the mail
Thats why I said "if you have procmail available".  I have had systems
where all of these were true, but I could still use procmail, mostly
'cause the admin was cool and set things up on the IRIX box so that users
poping their mail from windows could telnet in and setup procmail.

I understand however that this is not always the case.  I believe that
some list-software lets you enable the [LISTNAME] feature on a per
subscriber basis, perhaps the list could be setup this way, so that those
who wanted it would get it, but others wouldn't (maybe it is setup like
this already?).

-chris

Christopher Rogers      http://www.pobox.com/~gandalf
gandalf@pobox.com       gandalf@darkcorner.net