RE: NAS vs. ESD (not a troll!)

On 22-Aug-99 Eric Gillespie, Jr. wrote:
> I posted this a couple days ago, and got no response. It occurred
> me that this might be one of those issues that has come up time and
> time
> again and people are sick of it (like "Why did GTK choose C instead
> of
> C++?"). However, if that's the case, it should be in the FAQ. I
> just
> checked the list archives and the FAQ again, and couldn't find any
> references to this topic, so I'll ask again.

Sorry. Maybe I am only one of many who doesn't have a answer?

> Why doesn't Gnome use nas instead of esd? When running the X server
> and
> clients on different computers, does esd play sound on the client
> machine
> (useless) or on the server machine?
>
> The reason I'm asking is that it looks like NAS does everything esd
> does
> and more.

I think you know many things than me.
Can you concrete list some features nas can that esd can't or give me
some links to read. Because I am interested in music and computers
this one is very important for me.

Thomas

---
 EMail:    thomas.hedler@fen.baynet.de