Re: gmc, automounter and audio CD's

Miguel de Icaza <miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx> writes:

> > I notice that the drivemount applets have an option "Use automount-friendly
> > status test" - is there any way of adding such an option to GMC so it
> > doesn't keep halting my audio CD?
>
> yes, we can add this.  Just tell me what this "automount-friendly"
> feature looks like.

Automount status test description is in the Users Guide - it is
written as it was described to me by the author of the Drive Mount
Applet

>From GNOME Users Guide:

"The last option to set in the Drive Mount Settings is whether or not
you wish to Use automount friendly status test. If you are using a
system that utilizes autofs to auto-mount your drives the Drive Mount
applet might interfere with autofs. If this is the case you should
select this option. If you are not using autofs (which is most likely
the case) do not select this option as it is taxing on your system and
is much slower."

Dave
--

          David Mason