howto gnome-print on SuSE Linux 6.2

Some days ago I reported kind of a bug; maybe, this bug is hard to
resolve (http://bugs.gnome.org/db/19/1944.html).

Therefore, please let me ask for help; here is the description again:

Background info: GNOME lives in /opt/gnome
                 UWR fonts are in /usr/share/ghostscript/fonts

Configuration was done with

    ./configure --prefix=/opt/gnome --datadir=/opt/gnome/share \
                --localstatedir=/var/lib --sysconfdir=/etc/opt/gnome

It compiled and installed flawlessly.  But then:

    Frechet:~ # gnome-font-install

    ** WARNING **: Warning: the Times font was not found. Printing is unlikely
    to work unless basic fonts are installed. Please see:

    http://www.levien.com/gnome/font-install.html

    for more information.

Okay, this documentation should come with the package.  Please, include
http://www.levien.com/gnome/font-install.html if you think this info is
needed.

Now, I tried:

    gnome-font-install --system --scan --no-copy \
        --afm-path=/usr/local/share/fonts/afms \
        --pfb-assignment=ghostscript,/usr/share/ghostscript/fonts fonts/

but still no success:

** WARNING **: Warning: the Times font was not found. Printing is unlikely
to work unless basic fonts are installed. Please see:

http://www.levien.com/gnome/font-install.html

for more information.

Please, tell me how to proceed.

--
Karl Eichwalder         SuSE GmbH              phone    +49-911-3247130
ke@suse.de              Schanzaeckerstr. 10      fax    +49-911-3206727