Window focus problems

I am having trouble changing focus by clicking the application window on
the menu bar.  On a rawhide installation I am able to click on the
window and it will pop to the top.  On my rh 6.0 system it does not come
to the top of the focus.

I have checked the settings on both systems and they seem to be the same
but the focus works different the two systems.  I have upgraded the
packages for rh 6.0 but it has not made a change for this problem.

It there a setting somewhere else that I've missed?

Thanks!
Loren